As budget season approaches, we’re here to help you optimize your RFID system for maximum efficiency and productivity. Here are ten strategies to make the most of your RFID technology:
- Comprehensive Access Control: Combining RFID technology for access control with payment solutions can establish a comprehensive system that enhances security, convenience, and efficiency across various applications. Whether in corporate settings, residential complexes, or public transportation, this integrated approach ensures seamless and secure access while simplifying payment processes, ultimately benefiting both users and administrators alike.
- Effortless Luggage Tracking: Handheld and fixed RFID readers ensure a smooth baggage tracking experience from check-in to plane loading and transfers during the entire journey. This system offers real-time visibility into luggage whereabouts, enhancing transparency, ensuring IATA compliance, and elevating the overall travel experience for passengers.
- Real-time Patient Tracking: Further employ RFID technology for patient tracking by attaching a transponder to the patient’s binder, initiating a real-time tracking process. This enhances visibility for hospital staff and family members, ultimately improving hospital efficiency. With RFID readers installed to track patients, critical pieces of mobile equipment can also be easily tagged and tracked.
- Efficient Item Picking: You can implement bulk detection instead of manual scanning when utilizing RFID for item picking at stations or tables. This method records all products on the packing table simultaneously, offering the benefits of high-speed detection and reducing error rates, thereby enhancing overall efficiency.
- Inventory Control in Healthcare: Implement your inventory control system in healthcare with a solution known as “Nothing Left Behind.” This innovative approach addresses a longstanding issue of certain items, particularly sponges, being unintentionally left in the body after surgery, often invisible once saturated with blood. The integration of RFID technology in this process serves to identify the presence of any sponges before surgical closure, significantly reducing errors, preventing infections, and ultimately improving overall patient outcomes.
- Streamlined Warehouse Operations: By adopting FEIG technology, warehouses that utilize barcode and RFID systems can streamline operations and increase efficiency. Mobile hybrid devices seamlessly transition between these systems, simplifying workflows and enhancing flexibility. These devices, especially beneficial for hands-on tasks like picking, significantly boost real-time productivity. For instance, the HyWEAR compact wearable scanner can save up to four seconds per item when used in RFID continuous read mode, substantially improving operational speed and efficiency.
- UDI Compliance in Healthcare: If RFID technology is already in use within the healthcare sector but has yet to be applied to Unique Device Identification (UDI), there’s a significant opportunity being overlooked. RFID solutions offer a straightforward path to UDI compliance, meeting regulatory standards and enhancing security and audit capabilities. Moreover, they enable tracking medical devices in terms of location, status, and usage. The availability of medical equipment is crucial for ensuring patient safety and care. High-performance RFID systems can further extend their utility by optimizing logistical processes, such as bed logistics, ultimately enhancing the overall efficiency of hospital operations.
- Medical Device Calibration: Healthcare facilities often overlook the potential of RFID technology in medical device calibration. These machines are versatile, requiring programming and calibration before procedures. Instead of manual inputs from doctors, RFID technology can automate this process by identifying the procedure and equipment being used by identifying and authenticating the consumable attachment.
- Efficient Ordering Process: If you’re already harnessing RFID technology but not applying it to your ordering process, you’re missing out on a valuable opportunity. Incorporating RFID into your ordering workflow significantly simplifies the process, requiring a few straightforward steps using mobile RFID/Barcode scanners. This streamlined approach reduces costs and minimizes errors, offering a level of efficiency that surpasses other so-called “automatic” ordering systems.
- Automated Vehicle Identification: Leveraging automatic vehicle identification alongside access control has demonstrated its ability to save both time and money for customers. This parking and access control automation provides companies and their customers peace of mind, simplifies processes, and ensures quicker access, ultimately enhancing the overall experience.
For further guidance and strategies on maximizing your RFID system, contact FEIG Electronics today. We’re here to help you make the most of your RFID investment.